Friday, December 10, 2010

DD Day 9

A Perfectly Normal Day

No pictures today, just thoughts. December 9th was a perfectly normal day. The twins woke up around 5:30am, we cuddled and then I put them in their crib with toys and the light on to play for about an hour before I was ready to get up.We were all up between 6:30 and 7:00 and it was time for breakfast. There was some t.v. watching and lots of running around (more on the children's part than mine). Dishes were done and Daddy came home. Babies took morning naps and we went to the grocery store. Everyone did well out and about. We had lunch and H and I made some Ranger Cookies (amazing!). After cookie making it was nap time, which didn't last as long as I had hoped. The twins woke up after about an hour and the three of us fell asleep in the recliner for another hour (that's one way to make sure I get a nap in too). My husband woke up early and went to the gym while I worked on fixing dinner (lasagna...a first for me). I made too much and, when my husband returned, I ran back to the store to get some more ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese to use up the extra noodles. We ate dinner as a family and some friends came over. There were bath times and bed times and mommy time after Daddy left for work. A perfectly normal day.

It is in these perfectly normal days that I find myself thankful and more noticing of my blessings. I am so blessed with family and friends. I am so blessed to be able to stay home and have perfectly normal days like this. I love watching my children grow and seeing the connections they make. I love hearing H tell stories and watching him pretend around the house. I like to join in with the pretending sometimes as we become pirates battling a monster or he's a dog and wants to play fetch, whatever. I love watching the twins discover new things or try to do what they see their big brother doing. There are times these perfectly normal days drive me nuts, but mostly I am thankful for them because they are such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment