1. I went for a walk with the kids (H, G, J, and S) at the beginning of last week. It was so nice to get out and walk. I miss that. I love to get out with the kids and I love to see people's reactions to there being four of them. One man commented as I passed him (interesting because he wasn't the type of person I would have looked at and expected a comment from) and told me I was a star. That felt nice. There's usually a 50/50 split on reactions being kind or disapproving.
2. Sick still prevails in this house, though I'm pretty sure it isn't a cold anymore. I think the boys all follow in their Mama's footsteps and have asthma. Time to get appointments and have them checked out (not now because they seem to be doing better and there's no wheezing, but the next time this happens no waiting).
3. I did lots of laundry over the last couple days (wash, dry, fold, and put away). That feels good.
4. The boys are growing so quickly. The twins are speaking a lot more. We even get simple sentences sometimes. It makes me smile. G is better about enunciating his words than J, but they're both trying. H has his 4-year-old attitude in full swing, but it makes the sweet times with him that much sweeter. I'm still working on how to work with him without yelling (I hate yelling) but sometimes it still comes out. H is also no longer doing nap time which make life interesting and those times when he does fall asleep that much more wonderful.
|G and J|
5. I read this blog post yesterday (a friend posted the link on facebook) and it made me feel so much better. I look at my boys and know that I should be cherishing every moment. I know that time is fleeting and one day I'll miss them being this small, but there are things I won't miss. I love that there are people who also believe that it's okay to be honest and say sometimes they countdown the hours until bed time. I try not to do this, but there are days, especially when it's just me and them and we've been together all day and I haven't had a break.
6. Last, but never least, I love my husband. He's wonderful in every way (except for the ones that he's not) and imperfect and I love him and he loves me, and that just makes me smile a big, huge, ear to ear smile. That's enough to give me a good day any day.