Friday, July 29, 2011

New Recipes

I've been trying out some new recipes lately. I found a recipe for Cilantro-Lime Chicken and some rice to go with it and I made that for dinner last night. Then I found a recipe for Vegetable Tian and I can't wait to make it. Next, I found a recipe for Cherry Vanilla Muffins, and I just finished making those.

All this fun cooking and I am so excited for how yummy it is and how we are trying to eat healthier. I haven't tasted the chicken yet, but everyone who did said it was yummy. So, here are the links if you want to try:

Cilantro-Lime Chicken (I baked mine instead of pan-frying it)
Fiesta Lime Rice (I didn't have any precooked rice, so I used this recipe and made it with brown rice, I didn't add the salt or the extra lime in the Fiesta Lime Rice recipe)
Vegetable Tian (still haven't made this, but have everything ready to do so tonight or tomorrow)
Cherry Vanilla Muffins (I used fat free greek yogurt, applesauce instead of oil, and no lemon or granola).

Here are a few pictures of my muffins.

The cherries (this batch had 21 pairs of twins). 
They are super yummy and very light in flavor

Edited to add a warning - these muffins can be addicting. Be warned that if you make mini-muffins they will disappear quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment