* Each card used a plain cardstock base, some washi tape, and some Hero Arts/Studio Calico stamps.
A few nights before our micro-vacation I made up some animal masks. A while back (months, a year, I don't remember) I bought the boys some foam animal masks from the $1 bin at Target. They had fun playing with them, and for some reason the masks rarely made it out of the car. Still, foam only lasts so long when three little boys are pulling on it. I decided to use the masks as guides for making felt ones that I would sew. About a month ago (maybe two) I gathered them up from the car, sat down while the boys were coloring, and drew templates. Before we left I decided to forgo the templates. I found my felt and laid out the masks (I did the tiger, the elephant, and the monkey, the zebra will follow later) and traced them on. I traced and cut with H "helping" as I did so. After the boys were in bed, I pulled out my sewing machine and got them made. We didn't necessarily have the correct color of felt, but we made do and I think they turned out rather cute.
|Original (no girls here, so we skipped the flower and eyelashes)|
|The back (we didn't have enough of the light blue for the back |
of the ears, but I like it this way)
|Monkey original and ours|