Monday, March 12, 2012

Crazy Hormones

This pregnancy has been different than the last two. These hormones have me feeling sick sometimes, always cold, and somewhat crazy. I have many people who tell me they think we'll have a girl because it's so different. No idea about that one, but time will tell. All I know is I'm excited for this baby, even if I often am too busy to think about that. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the boys and life at home, but I find I'm less consumed with thoughts about being pregnant (I think about it, I just don't think I focus on it like I did the last two times). Then, the hormones kick in and I can't not think about it. I feel like I'm not making any sense. I suppose the point is this has been a different first trimester, and I only have one week left. I don't know what to expect in the next several months. I'd like for everything to even out, to feel a little less crazy and cold. I'd like to feel like I look pregnant instead of big. All that will come with time. I know in a few months I'll probably wish I could go back to feeling cool instead of having my third trimester during the hottest part of summer. When I think about it I try to focus on just being excited. Ten more days until my next appointment. That's exciting. Here's hoping we can confirm the number (one by me, three by Husband), glimpse the precious little cargo I'm caring, and hear a heartbeat.

And when I'm not thinking about it or focused on it, I hope I can be excited about and focused on the three little ones I already have. We're working on getting H into a dual-immersion program (Spanish/English) for kindergarten next year (seems hard to believe he'll be 5 in Aug.) and he's loving the new training wheels on his bike. G and J are growing and talking more and doing everything they see H do, with a little extra added in. I love these boys!

J
H
G

No comments:

Post a Comment