Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Exciting news

Well, I've been a lot delinquent on this blog lately. No excuses, life's busy and I just haven't taken the time to type.

Anyway, on to the exciting news.

I am happy to announce that I'm pregnant. We don't know how many or what the gender is, but we are excited to let the world know that mid-September there will be an new little addition to our family.

H is getting used to the idea, and he's even a little bit excited I think. Originally he wasn't happy. In fact, when I called to tell Husband that the test was positive, I said, "Well, we're going to have another one in October." There was no mention of what the other one was, but H turned around and yelled at me, "I said no more kids." It took a couple of days and some talking, but he decided he could be happy with another brother (he says he doesn't want a sister). In fact, he was even excited at the thought that maybe he could sleep with the baby since he doesn't share his bed like his brothers do; he's a sweet heart for sure!

The twins, well, they're mostly oblivious. They like babies. J was super cute last night when we had friends over and he was playing with their little 4.5 month old. I'm not sure how well they'll do when we can't give the baby back, but I've watched them with S and I'm sure they'll be great. The biggest adjustment there is me trying to wean them off of being held, especially at the same time. Fifty-two pounds is heavy, but it seems even heavier now. It seems weird to think that at this age, H was already adjusting to not being held and he was getting ready to be a big brother in just two months. Glad we waited with the twins. I'm really glad they'll be close to three and, here's praying, completely potty trained by then.

So, that's life in a nutshell right now. Things are going on much as usual. There's work and children and lots of busy. I'm a little extra tired, haven't really been sick, and battling hands that like to fall asleep (especially when I'm sleeping which wakes me up). Still, things are good. I'm happy and excited and ready to hire a nanny/maid/cook so I can sleep but still have a clean house, feed the family, and have well behaved children.

Whoops, that last statement reminded me, I also resigned from my job. I've been on a leave-of-absence for the last two years and was at the point where I needed to go back or resign. We've been doing okay without my salary, and with another little one on the way we decided I could resign. Life as we both want it (in reality, not our dreams, but we'll take it).

1 comment: