Thursday, January 20, 2011

Inspiration



As I was hopping around the web earlier this week, I came across this picture at Moxie Fab World (click picture for link). I made several cards on Monday and Tuesday for a card crop, and once I saw this I knew exactly what I wanted to make. It also gave me an idea for the Gray is the New Black challenge at Moxie Fab World. I love the way the flowers are all over the entire pillow and it just looks so inviting. I wanted to create a similar feeling in my card, and so I came up with this:


It's hard to see, but the card is more grey than the picture shows. The words were double stamped, once in silver and then in black.

5 comments:

  1. A lovely take on the Tuesday trigger, I really like how your card turned out. Also, I am curious as to how exactly you made your flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used 5/8 inch wired ribbon cut into 6 inch strips. The top wire I folded over on both sides so it wouldn't move and then the bottom wire I pulled out a little on each side. Once I had enough pulled on each side to tie them together, I took the two bottom wires and tied them, pulling them tight and gathering the ribbon. Once tight and tied, you can manipulate the outside of the flower (or you can take out the top wire if you want a rounder/fluffier look). I cut off excess wire, spritzed them with glimmer mist (they were white and I wanted them grey), and glued them down when dry.

    Hope this helps, if not you might want to check out this link: http://www.lovebugscrapbooking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28272. They have pictures and you can see tons of examples with different types and sizes of ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Charity! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous take Charity - love those pretty flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Charity! Thanks also for entering the Gray is the New Black challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete