Monday, November 22, 2010

Long Goodbyes

When talking on the phone in our family, goodbyes sometimes take forever. We say goodbye and then something else pops into our heads making the conversation last a couple to several minutes longer, and this can happen multiple times. If I need to go, this can be annoying. Other times, it makes life wonderful because I don't really want to hang up with whomever I'm talking to. Tonight I found myself talking to my mom and trying to get off the phone. My first instinct was to be a little frustrated, but I quickly changed my mind. I have things to do (floors to clean, books to study, etc.), but I am EXTREMELY thankful for these moments. They may make things take longer or be put off, but they are moments with family and friends where we are sharing our lives and that makes the long goodbyes worth every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment