Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sewing

I made a quick shirt this weekend and am very excited to see my sister-friend try it on. I used a free pattern (click to go) that I found.

Five weeks ago my sister-friend had her first baby. He's a sweet little boy. She is now discovering how irritating it can be to find clothes that make feeding said baby easier (especially if out and about). I found the above shirt pattern and modified it to make her a shirt that will hopefully help. I took the front pattern piece and printed two. When putting the second one together I left off the pieces that had to be taped on the right (essentially leaving off about 2-3 inches) and rounded the bottom edge. I also cut the back and front to be the same length (the back length). When I sewed it up I layered the two front pieces so they form a type of wrap/tulip front.

I wish I could say this idea was all my own but I was trying to mimic several nursing shirts I saw when looking up nursing shirts on Pinterest. I do love how it turned out.

I don't have any pictures of her wearing it, just the ones below from before I gave it to her, but it does fit and it does work.



No comments:

Post a Comment