Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Today

Today on Facebook I posted: Today I find that one of me is not enough to do all that I want. 

There are so many people I love and want to help, and a few of those people have been in more need lately. While I don't always get do what I want (story of life, especially when four kiddos are added to that list), this week it seems even more like I should be able to do it all and I can't. My parents are watching my three youngest and I'm spending my days at school with my oldest (this has been in the works for a while and is finally happening). I'm loving my time with him, and watching him learn is great, and having him not be too embarrassed to hug me or blow me kisses in front of his peers is even more awesome, but knowing I'm down to one child makes it seem like I should be even more available to do things (despite the 6 hours spent at school each day - and can I say that is no joke, I need a nap now more than ever!). 

So to my friends whom I love like family but can't seem to get to your house or make you dinner or help in whatever way you need, know you're on my mind and in my heart and I really want to but somehow I cannot make time stretch no matter how hard I try. Maybe next week when I have four children back under my roof I'll find a way to make it work because sometimes I find the normal is actually easier than the not so normal (even if it means more kids). 

*Side note: I'm crazy popular in the 2nd grade. If anyone is looking for a good workout routine try racing a group of 7-8 year olds. I can't promise you'll win but if you spend one recess break trying you will certainly be feeling it the next day (or later that afternoon).

No comments:

Post a Comment