Monday, April 14, 2014

My Grandma

She was amazing. She doted on me. She made me believe I could do anything. She was feisty. She was stubborn. She was loved!

This morning I found out she passed away. She had Alzheimer's and Parkinson's but it was still unexpected. I am so thankful I was able to spend time with her a week ago. I'm thankful my boys got to see her and hug her and kiss her. I'm thankful that we were able to celebrate her 91st birthday. That last weekend was more of a gift for us than it was for her. I'm now thankful that she is no longer in pain and that I will one day see her again.

Today has been surreal. The fullness of the information still hasn't completely set in. I know that over the next few days it will. There have been tears today and I know more will follow. I know that telling our children will be difficult and I'm thankful for a husband who will be with me to help.

I feel to many emotions to truly put it into words. She was my grandma and I adored her. She will be missed.




No comments:

Post a Comment