Sunday, December 2, 2012

Tough questions

H is full of tough and interesting questions lately. Friday he started asking if Jesus was coming back down here and when. I explained that he was and we don't know when. Next he wanted to know why I don't know when and I told him it's a surprise. He has asked at least once every day since then if Jesus is coming back and when. He even gives me answers. I don't know why it's on his mind but I think it is fascinating and I hope he continues to ask and think about it. Saturday he asked me what a soul is. I was a little stumped at how to explain it in a way that would be fitting for a 5-year-old. Thankfully we have people to ask for help. I mentioned asking our pastor when we went to church, and that is just what he did. When we were in services he asked if it was time to talk to the pastor. Once services were over he ran up to him and asked. He was satisfied with his answer and now will tell me when I ask him (complete with hand motions). It is our whole person/being. He's a smart little cookie. I don't know that I feel totally ready or equipped for the questions I know are coming in the future, but I'll do what I can to get ready and be thankful he feels he can ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment