1. W is growing. At his 5 week check up he was 9 lbs 5 oz and 23 in long. And, as I'm am super excited about this fact, that is without having to use formula on a consistent basis.
2. H is getting an award at school tomorrow. I'm not sure what it's for, but I'll find out. I think it may have to do with passing his second sight-word list early, but I don't know.
3. We met with H's teacher for a conference on Monday. She is extremely happy with his progress over the last two weeks. That might sound funny to say, but he has improved since the beginning of the year, and even more so over the last two weeks. He went from knowing how to count to 5 in Spanish (and that was it) to knowing some of the letters and their sounds and being able to count to 10. He's understanding directions better, writing neater, and completing more classwork. He's also bringing words home. He always calls his backpack a mochila, says salud when we sneeze, and throws out other words as it suits him. Probably the most exciting things is hearing him try to sound words out. I am one super proud mama.
3b. H's teacher also shared that there was a student in class who was having a hard time making friends and who had been absent for several days. When he returned H walked up to him and told him he was glad he was back and that he had been missed. She said the little boy's face lit up as H turned around and went back to his seat. It makes me even more proud that, despite his very five-yr-old-boy attitude sometimes other people see his kind heart. Being at home with him and his brothers (and not getting very much sleep) I sometimes forget how much he cares about other people. This story made me more proud than any work he could ever do in school.
4. H wants to be a firefighter when he grows up. He used to want to be a policeman, but now he's changed his mind.
|When I grow up I want to be a firefighter.|
|J and G|
7. D returned to work. It's sad (turns out it was really nice to have both of us home all the time), but he's happy to work and I'm happy he has a job.
8. I'm getting things done, maybe not all I want to, but things are getting done. I may not have it all down, but I feel like I can handle this thing called parenting four children 5 and under and still kind of run a house. I made a healthy dinner last night, and plan to again tonight. May not seem like much, but I'm sure Husband is glad we aren't eating cereal, nuggets, or leftovers and I know he's glad we aren't spending money on going out to eat.
9. Husband found some lizards while doing yard work yesterday. The twins enjoyed looking at them and then were quite happy to let them go. I'm glad they have a chance to see lizards and a dad who is glad to catch the lizards for them.
10. We went to a Bug and Reptile day at a local nature reserve. All of my boys touched or held a snake (I guess that makes me happy, though I had nightmares that H picked up a venomous snake that night) and were so excited to see the wildlife (in cages) and run around.
|Following H's lead|
|Checking out the neighbor's party|
|Talking to the neighbors|