Monday, November 21, 2011

Thirty?

Last Monday I turned 30. It is insanely weird to say that. I don't generally think about my age, but given that it was a "milestone," I decided to think back on the last 10 years.

2001 - I was a junior in college.
2002 - I was a senior, and I had started dating the man I would marry for the second time.
2003 - I had been married for 2 weeks and either had or was getting ready to have my wisdom teeth pulled.
2004 - I was going to school and working part-time.
2005 - I was working 2 jobs, one as a substitute teacher and one at the local community college.
2006 - I was a first year teacher and pregnant.
2007 - I was a new mom and getting ready to go back to teaching at a new school where my students had only known the substitute that started the year for me (at the time I thought that was the most difficult thing ever).
2008 - I was teaching and a mommy (it seems so easy now).
2009 - I was ridiculously pregnant and crazy huge (the twins were born a couple weeks later).
2010 - I went out to eat with family and friends. I had3 boys, and H ordered broccoli (strange little 3 year old) and devoured it like a dinosaur eating trees.
2011 - I still have 3 boys, an amazing husband, and the best friends. I think this year was the most celebrated I've been in the last 10 and it was wonderful. We all hung out at our house and had dinner. They surprised me with a cake, sort of (H told his daddy not to talk about cake or he'd be in big trouble, that was a hint that there might be one hidden somewhere). There were a few presents, but that wasn't the best part; I loved being with friends and family. I loved the connection. I loved the feeling of community and that we were all connected.

Here I am beginning a new chapter, I'm 30 and I plan on doing my best to continue on in a similar manner to what I have. Hopefully I'm a little wiser and more patient with my boys. Hopefully I can better enjoy life and family and friends. Hopefully I'll continue to think it's weird that I'm 30 because I don't feel like getting any older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment